Me too, Motion City Soundtrack, me too.
I know most people would look at me, a sixteen year old with her whole life spread out in front of her, and consider me insane for being so freaked out by what may or may not lie ahead, but let it be said, I am. These days, there's tremendous amounts of pressure on teenagers: you have to take the right classes and make the right scores on the ACT or SAT, in order to get into the right college, in order to get the right job, in order to not miss out on the opportunities in life. (I pretty much feel the same way Craig did in It's Kind of a Funny Story, minus the suicidal-ness.)
Basically? It's pretty stinkin' terrifying.
At least I have Christ on my side to guide me. I mean, I can't imagine how people must feel who think they're going at it alone. The future might be fuzzy to my eyes, but geez, I've got the creator of the stinkin' universe on my side. If that doesn't up the level of confidence, I don't know what does.
"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord. 'Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11
a couple clarifications: The Future Freaks Me Out is a song by Motion City Soundtrack, which is a pretty cool band. Check out Antonia by them; it's cute :)
oh, and It's Kind of a Funny Story is a pretty sweet book by Ned Vizzini that I've always liked a lot. Check it out, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment